At Calytrix HQ our Engineers have been working hard over the Australian summer to help deliver significant new capability to our flagship products: CommNet Radio and LVC Game. Announced today, the latest releases deliver significant new capability, an improved user experience and better integration into common training packages such as Virtual Battlespace 3.
CommNet Radio v5.3
Available today, Calytrix CommNet Radio (CNR) Version 5.3 is the latest release of our radio simulation and training platform.
Radio Properties, Front and Center
Designed for use in everything from basic voice communications through to highly realistic, terrain affected training scenarios; Calytrix CNR is an extremely configurable software radio simulation.
With the CNR v5.3 release, standardizing the configuration of your virtual radios and aligning them with real-world equivalents couldn’t be simpler using the newly introduced Radio Profiles.
Radio profiles allow users to rapidly configure the simulation to match a specific real-world radio. Rather than having to adjust all the individual configuration settings, users just select the radio they would like to use from a list, and CNR takes care of the rest.
- Visual cues when Microphone and Speaker mute is enabled
- Frequency input fields will accept unit suffixes (e.g. "144.000 MHz" or "5.000 GHz")
- Power input fields will accept unit suffixes (eg "40dBm" or "5W")
- Weather adjusted degradation effects based on VBS environmental state
- A number of small bug fixes