Calytrix (Training Systems division, Australia), along with its prime partner Cubic Applications are very pleased to announce that they are the successful tender to provide Technical Support to the Joint and Combined Training Capability (JCTC) throughout Talisman Sabre 07. Calytrix will surge to 35+ people in the field during TS07 providing support from four different locations (Townsville, Williamtown, Canberra and from the field at the Shoalwater Bay Training Area). Calytrix will be responsible for ensuring the smooth delivery of technical services to support the JCTC proof of concept and the assessment module. ‘Calytrix’s involvement throughout the design and development, and now the delivery, of the JCTC project emphasises our ability to provide quality project management, technical and training solutions, and now significant surge support to complex activities’, said Shawn Parr, Managing Director of Calytrix Technologies.
The JCTC is a combined Australian / US initiative designed to enhance high-end, bilateral training, increase and measure operational capability, improve interoperability, and facilitate capability development. JCTC will be supporting exercise Talisman Sabre 07 (TS07), a large coalition training exercise involving Australia and the US.
Calytrix has been actively working with the JCTC office since its establishment; firstly as the technical lead in the design and development of the Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) synthetic environment; as the OEM of Calytrix Mentor, which provides the online planning, assessment and knowledge management facilities required to deliver modern Joint/Coalition training events; as the and OEM of Calytrix CNR-Sim to provide basic communications; and more recently in the provision of military SME to support exercise planning, conduct and assessment.
As the first phase of the JCTC, Joint Project 2098 is to deliver an initial operating capability (and US proof of concept) in support of Exercise Talisman Sabre 07. The initial operating capability is to:
- Establish a Joint Network for Experimentation, Simulation & Training (JNEST)
- Establish persistent connectivity between the JNEST and the US Joint National Training Capability (JNTC)
- Develop joint synthetic training environment that links selected Live, Virtual and Constructive simulation systems
- Develop Exercise Control Management Information System to support exercise planning, conduct and evaluation
- Enhance live range facilities at SWBTA through the construction of an Exercise Control Facility and an Urban Operations Training Facility
Simulation and Support System JCTC will enhance joint and combined training using a networked approach to training. The network is an architecture that links training management systems, training areas, simulators, headquarters and units. The network allows the interaction of live instrumented forces with virtual and constructive simulations (LVC). LVC enables live instrumented land forces to interact with live instrumented aircraft, virtual simulators and constructive simulations. JP2098 will integrate the following ADF systems to the network:
- Land 134 Live Instrumented System
- Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI)
- Hornet Aircrew Training System (HACTS)
- Maritime Warfare Training System (MWTS)
Constructive simulation can be played through the simulation backbone from Australian Defence Force Warfare Centre (ADFWC), or as far a field as the Joint Warfighting Centre (JWC) in Virginia, USA.