I/ITSEC 2007 was the best I/ITSEC ever for Calytrix Technologies. We received more visitors to our booth than in past shows. We showed more software products than before. We demonstrated integration with more external systems than before. Calytrix’ software was on display in more booths of other companies than ever before. And … we poured Australian Blue Tongue beer for our booth visitors!
Here are highlights of Calytrix’ participation in I/ITSEC 2007:
- Calytrix was honored to receive many high ranking military and government officials and corporate leaders as visitors to our booth, including a number of flag officers.
- Our principal demo showed 4 different visual and SAF systems interoperating via Calytrix’ LVC Game software: VBS2, Steel Beasts, Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X, and JSAF. All 4 systems operated on correlated terrain that we custom built for our integrated demo. Each visual system showed the terrain scene from its user’s perspective, showing its own entities plus entities from the other visual systems and JSAF.
- Calytrix Mentor was demonstrated with real world examples of military training exercises involving individual, team and systems performance assessments. Mentor was very well received by I/ITSEC 2007 attendees.
- We announced the new online version of SIMplicity, and demonstrated it with the open-source Portico HLA RTI. Many visitors with significant DIS/HLA development experience responded favorably to both.
- Calytrix’ software products powered parts of other booths at I/ITSEC 2007, including:
- US Marine Corps …. where LVC Game interconnected VBS2 with other elements of the Marine’s DVTE system,
- SAIC … where LVC Game interconnected VBS2 with the US Army’s OneSAF,
- Breakaway … where LVC Game interconnected Breakaway’s Mosbe with VBS2,
- Cubic Defense Systems … where LVC Game and VBS2 are components of Cubic’s Small Unit Immersive Training System (SUITS),
- Australian Defence Simulation Office (ADSO) …where LVC Game interconnected JSAF to other simulator systems, and
- Acron Capability Engineering … where Acron showed its HLA interface to Microsoft’s new ESP, an interface built with Calytrix SIMplicity.
At I/ITSEC 2007, Calytrix showed our proven fielded software plus new products and new capabilities. We cooperated with our simulation and training industry partners to show larger solutions to our joint customers. And, we hosted our booth visitors and industry friends with a proper Australian beer: Blue Tongue Pilsner.
Of course Calytrix will be at I/ITSEC 2008. See you there!